I've just made these yummy little treats and thought I'd post the recipe! I didn't get this recipe from anywhere specific - It's just from my general knowledge.
Lemon Fairy Cakes Recipe - Makes about 25
You will need:
200g of self-raising flour
200g of caster sugar
200g of soft butter or margarine
3 large eggs/4 medium eggs
1 teaspoon of baking powder
The rind of 1 lemon
Lemon juice (About half a lemons worth)
100g icing sugar (This will cover about 12 fairy cakes. If you do not want buttercream or plain ones, just double the amount)
1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1-2 tablespoons of water
Lemon buttercream (I didn't weigh these ingredients, so just use your own judgement!)-
Butter or margarine
1. Preheat the oven to 190C and line your bun trays with baking cases.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar, beaten eggs, lemon rind and lemon juice.
3. Add in the flour and baking powder, and beat well.
4. Distribute the mixture evenly in the baking cases.
5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
6. Wait until the fairy cakes are cool and then decorate with lemon icing and/or buttercream (To make the icing and/or buttercream, just beat the ingredients together).