Saturday 6 October 2012

How I revise and organise my time

Now that the academic year has started, I thought I'd show you how I organise my time and revise!


I use a week-to-view diary/planner so I can easily see what I have coming up in the next week. Here's a quick guide to what you see above! My lectures are highlighted in orange, the pink sticky note bookmarks what week we're in, so I can quickly turn to it, and the green sticky notes bookmark my assignment deadlines. When I've completed something, I draw a line through it, and when I don't do something and move it, I put diagonal, squiggly lines through it. As you can see, I didn't write this post yesterday, so scribbled through it and moved it to today. I've also scribbled out one of my English tasks and moved it to next Tuesday because I have the day off.


Sometimes, I plan my days out by the hour. Don't worry, I'm not that organised - I only do this on the days when I have a lot of uni work to do. For the purpose of this post, I've quickly written one up today. 
As you can see, I have an hour in between each task. I find that this usually gives me the motivation to do my work. If I can't be bothered to do a task, I just think that in an hour, it will be over and I'll have an hours break.
I never used to do this and just tried to revise for as long as I could so I could get it over and done with. This wasn't a good idea because it used to make revising a daunting task, rather than a manageable one.
Some people may think that I lose a lot of time revising like this, but when I start early on my days off, I can revise for 6-7 hours a day. 


Here are some of my revision notes from last year. I never used to have a revision technique and it really damaged my year 12 grades. I then stopped trying to make fun revision games and did what came naturally - Writing lists! I break down the notes in my folder and list the main points. I then memorise the lists until I know them off by heart. To memorise them, I either repeat them in my mind or write them down countless times. It may seem tedious, but it works for me and that's what really matters!

That is how I organise my life and revise for exams! When I write assignments, I do what I've done in the second photo. Obviously, If I'm 'in the zone', then I'll write for longer than the hour provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric