Friday 23 January 2015

2014 Favourites: Part Two


Part two of my 2014 favourites includes skincare, haircare, and bodycare products (you can see my makeup favourites here). I'm probably missing something, but the ones above are the ones currently in my collection. I've given the full prices, but, aside from the Lush products, I've never paid them! They're on offer more times than not.

The Body Shop's Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter (£12) and Silky Cleansing Oil (£10) have become my favourite cleansers. They remove makeup so well and leave my skin feeling incredibly soft. I find they both do the same job; they're just different formulas. The Silky Cleansing Oil is quicker to dispense, but the Sumptuous Cleansing Butter won't leak if you were to travel with it.

The other cleanser I've been loving is Lush's Ultrabland Facial Cleanser (£7.25/45g or £11.50/100g). Like the others, this is my second repurchase, and it won't be my last. Again, it removes my makeup well, and I can open my eyes without it stinging. It leaves my skin feeling moisturised, and my combination-oily skin would be fine if I didn't use anything else. It makes my skin feel moisturised in an ever so slightly tacky way, like I have actually just moisturised.

Another Lush favourite of mine is the Ro's Argan Body Conditioner (£16.50). This second pot was a gift I asked for, for Christmas, because it's expensive. It''s amazing, though. You put it on and wash it off in the shower, and you're left with moisturised skin, just like you would be with a body butter. It makes moisturising in the winter so easy (and a lot less cold!).

Another body product I've enjoyed using is the Imperial Leather Foamburst Luxurious Body Wash in Bewitching Blackberry & Wild Fig (£2.99-£3.15). I've tried all the scents, and this one's my favourite. I just love foam shower gels, and think these are a great alternative to the Rituals ones.

In terms of hair, the TRESemme Platinum Strength Shampoo (£4.99) really impressed me last year. I find most shampoos do the same thing, and as long as they clean my hair and don't dry it out, I'm happy. This did those things, but also made it feel incredibly soft, without weighing it down or making it greasy. The conditioner was also good, but I didn't even need it with this. I now have an entire draw of this range, which should last me through 2015!

The Naked Rescue Intensive Care Conditioner (£4.39) is still a favourite of mine. It smells great and conditions my hair like no other. The shampoo is also good, but can be a little too clarifying at times. The brand no longer has a website or social media accounts, but can still be found in Boots. I really hope they stay there!

Well, this is no surprise. The Superdrug Colour Effects Wash In Wash Out Conditioning Colours (£1.49) have been favourites of mine for years. Some of my most popular posts are of these, and they're included in nearly every Empties post. They just give my auburn hair that extra vibrancy, which I'm regularly complimented on. They've gone up in price to £1.49, but were recently on offer for 3 for £3, so I bought another 9 to add to my stock.

2014 saw me find a new appreciation for hand creams. My absolute favourites so far are the Figs & Rouge ones (£3.95/20ml or £6.95-£7.95/80ml), particularly the Cherry Blossom and Mango & Mandarin scents. I also love The Body Shop Hand Creams (£3.50), with Mango, Frosted Cranberry, and Vanilla Brulee being my favourites.

Finally, I'm never without a pack of Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets. They absorb any excess oil without disturbing your makeup, and I normally use these at lunchtime to freshen up. I don't think they're available in Boots or Superdrug anymore (I think they were discontinued), but you can get them on eBay and Amazon. I bought 5 packs for £3.49 including delivery (they used to be £2-3 individually).


Do you love any of these products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric