Tuesday 5 February 2013

Essie Camera

 photo 726694368_zps55e8c6ed.jpg
Camera natural lighting and camera flash

 photo 726748907_zps462ab976.jpg
Phone camera flash

I recently bought Essie's Camera from Fragrance Direct for £1.99. I already owned Lights and Bazooka from the collection, and really wanted to try this one too. Camera is one of those coral shades that can't make its mind up between being red, orange or pink. I think it leans towards red, and the photos above display this. I've included a flash photo from my phone because my phone is better at picking up colours. In the above photos, I have on two coats of the polish, but you can see some visible nail line in certain lights and at certain angles. I think 3-4 coats would make it completely opaque and avoid this. It was easy to apply because of the smooth formula, and the brush is great. The downfall to this polish is how easily it chips. I don't normally mention chipping in my nail posts because polishes last well on me, even without a base and top coat. However, after a day, my thumbs and index nails are incredibly chipped. Not just small chips, either. You can now see more bare nail than polished nail because it's just flaked away. The sheerness and how easily it chips has let this polish down; the colour is beautiful. I'm glad I got to try it, but I wouldn't have been pleased if I paid full price for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric