Thursday 28 August 2014

Not So Affordable Treats


Up until recently, I wasn't one for perfume. Anything other than a fruity body spray was too heavy and 'old' for my liking. I don't know what changed, but I now spritz myself with a fragrance every morning, and usually reapply throughout the day. 

At work the other day, I found myself trying the new Daisy Dream and instantly liking it. Then, after comparing prices, codes, and cash back on multiple sites, I decided to purchase the 100ml bottle from Boots. It came with a free makeup bag and 4ml bottle, and there was a 10% off code, 10 points per pound promotion, and good cash back deal. The makeup bag is made of a rough cotton material I wouldn't associate with the fragrance, but it was free, so I don't mind too much. I do, however, love the miniature bottle; it's so cute!

Just as I was about to place my order, I learned that the limited edition Daisy Delights were in the current fragrance sale. I'd had my eye on them for months, so thought I may as well order one then. I ended up choosing the Eau So Fresh edition, which was £34.66 down from £52, but was also tempted by the original Daisy Delight (£29.66 down from £44.50). Daisy Eau So Fresh Delight is very light, fruity, and sweet. Not for everyone, but I love it. I would try and describe Daisy Dream, but I know I'd fail miserably because I can't pin point any aspect of the scent. I just know I like it.

And if two perfumes in a week wasn't enough, I've just ordered Nina Ricci Nina 80ml from allbeauty.com for £31.80 down from £54. I have the L'Eau edition, which I love, and tried this one yesterday to find that it's another winner.

I'm an all or nothing kind of person, and once I start to like something, I want to acquire every variety there is. I'm going to try and refrain from buying any more perfume, though. For now, at least.


Have you treated yourself to any perfume recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric