Sunday 30 June 2013

DIY Pink Lemonade Sugar Body Scrub


I normally use exfoliating gloves to exfoliate my body, but I got it into my head that I just had to make a body scrub, and once I get an idea, there's no stopping me! I was going to make a brown sugar and vanilla scrub, but then came across this post and decided to make a pink lemonade one!

For this, you'll need:
  • Sugar (I used granulated because I like a scrubby scrub, but you can use castor)
  • Olive oil
  • Lemon extract
  • Pink food colouring

I haven't given quantities because it all depends on how exfoliating you like your scrubs to be. For reference, I used about 400g of sugar and 100ml of oil because I wanted mine to be very scrubby. I then used 2 tablespoons of lemon extract and a teeny tiny amount of Wilton Food Colouring Paste in Pink. I've used this on my hands so far, and they were left feeling very soft and moisturised. At first, there was a small amount of oil residue, but a towel and time to absorb resolved this. It was also brought to my attention that you could be left with residue in your bath, which is dangerous, so make sure you give it a quick clean afterwards! 

The extracts were on clearance in my local co-op, so I bought a few lemon ones and a peppermint one, and I'm planning on making a refreshing foot scrub! I also want to make a coffee body scrub, and one without oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric