Friday 17 January 2014

My First Cross Stitch


I wanted to start cross stitching last year, but never got round to it. Then, my sister started earlier this month, so I decided to start, too! I found this fox pattern on Etsy for a couple of pounds, and since I couldn't find any free ones I liked, decided to buy it. It took me about 4 or 5 days to complete, and I decided to keep and frame it in the hoop because I liked the look of it. It's not perfect (and the camera flash is making some fabric show through the thread), but it's now proudly hanging in my room. I've already started another little project, and that should be done in a week or so. It's an Indian themed elephant pattern that I found amongst many images on Google. There's no actual cross stitch pattern, but you can recreate it just from looking at the image! After this, I'd like to attempt this Paris design (also found on Etsy):



Have you started a new hobby recently? Do you cross stitch?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric