Sunday 15 August 2010

B.liv by Cellnique Skincare Reviews & Free Sample

Last month I was contacted by B.liv skincare, a brand I'd never heard of before, to review a couple of products. Intrigued, I said yes. I've been using the products for a couple of weeks and can now give you my opinion.

First of all, my skin type is oily so I received products suitable for me. They offer a wide range of products suitable for every skin type.

Get your freckles out!
Before and after photos; two weeks apart.
I was going to do full face photos but they didn't really show anything. I had a couple of blemishes but even without the products, they would have gone in a few weeks. I was most concerned with the blackheads around my nose and they would show me improvement. Sadly, the photos do not show me improvement. The after photo actually looks worse but you have to ignore the blemishes. The blackhead issue has slightly improved, but not a great deal.

Lets talk about the products:
Squeaky Clean Cleansing Gel (Click to go to the website/more information on the product.)

"This ultra-gentle exfoliating cleansing gel added with micro-beads helps you kick out impurities and remove excessive oil. The cleanser lets you say ‘hi” to clean pores and “bye” to those heads by making blackheads and whiteheads removal simple."


The formula of this product is a green gel with teeny tiny micro beads. To me, it smells like herbs/mint; not something I particularly like as I prefer sweet/fruity scents but the smell of a product will not put me off using it. The good thing though is that the smell is refreshing and instantly awakens you.

I love that this is a 2 in 1 product; cleansing and exfoliating at the same time. The micro beads are gentle and do not irritate the skin. My skin feels refreshingly cleansed afterwards.


"Infused with potassium azeloyl diglycinate and grapefruit extract, this mattifying gel perfectly regulates your sebum secretion, helping your skin feel less oily and in need of attention. Its fast absorption and weightless gel texture ensures a healthy and quenched face."

The formula for this is a clear gel with little scent.
Again, I love that this is a 2 in 1 product; mattifying and moisturising at the same time. Afterwards my face feels slightly tight (But I've always love that haha), clean and hydrated. This will also last quite a long time as two small pumps are needed for your entire face.

Overall, I like both products, especially the Oil Leviate and there are no negative points.

Price:
The prices are in USD and as currency exchange rates are always changing, I can not give you an accurate price in GBP. Squeaky Clean is 25USD and Oil Leviate is 35USD (Around 15 and 25 pounds).
This blog is called Affordable Treats and obviously these are not affordable, so the question is, are they worth it?
In my personal opinion, I think you can buy a cheaper skincare routine which give similar results. There are a lot of oil reducing products on the market so you should be able to find something.
The photos above don't show great results but I do think they have made my skin slightly better. But then again, most skincare routines will show improvements. I just think I need to extract all the blackheads first and then these products will help prevent future ones.


Would you like a free 3ml sample of Oil Leviate? This is for the first 50 readers.

All you have to do is email your full name and shipping address to fbfreesample@blivskin.com with the subject affordabletreats.blogspot.com.

You can also send your blog's URL and may stand a chance to do a product review.

Hurry as this is only available for a week!



Thank you for reading,
x

5 comments:

  1. awesome post !!I would love to review products lucky girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. B.liv products definitely look great! I was sent some products from Cellnique to review, but I think those from B.liv would suit me better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, these sound like fairly decent products but they are quite expensive. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! :) would love to try this. have emailed my details thanks :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely review!i've nominated you for the award too:)x

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric